How to distribute code
- Create a repository on GitHub
- Create a setup.py (for python) or maven definitions (for java) through which your code can be compiled on the shell
- setup.py (python)
- pom.xml (maven definition for java), see pom.xml examplePreview the document
- alternatively you can use gradle, sbt, cabal, make, nix
- Create a README.mkd which contains instructions for:
- how to download your code and required data
- how to install and/or compile your code on the shell
- how to run your code on the command line
- Optionally, you can describe how to use the code from an IDE, but you still need to include instructions for using your code without an IDE.
- Make sure your code installs/compiles/runs flawless on the bash shell (without using an IDE!) and that your instructions are self-contained (i.e., don’t require asking you any further details)
Please use version numbers for subsequent submissions of the same project. Here some general advice on major-minor-version numbers.