High Technology Day 2017
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
The tenth annual Explore High Technology Day will be held on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at the University of New Hampshire. This event will take place in Kingsbury Hall on the Durham campus.
High technology drives the New Hampshire economy: the field plays a key role in state’s ranking sixth in per capita income among the fifty states. An important factor in the success of NH's high-tech industry is the availability of a well-educated workforce. To continue this success in the face of a soon-to-be declining number of high school seniors, we need to recruit a higher percentage of students into high-tech majors.
The goal of Explore High Technology Day is to portray to high school students, through demonstrations and hands-on workshops, how exciting high-tech projects and careers can be. The day will consists of five, 50-minute sessions plus a free lunch.
The day’s events will begin at 8:30 am and end at 1:40 pm. Some schools may want to skip sessions at the beginning or end of the day to account for travel to and from Durham. Come to as many or as few sessions as makes sense for your school.
* Explore the UNH Human Computer Interaction Laboratory.
* Watch demonstrations by the UNH InterOperability Laboratory, which tests
data networking technologies through industry collaboration.
* Operate VEX Robots.
* Discover the Raspberry Pi, a credit-card-sized-single-board computer.
* Build 2D animations using Adobe Flash.
* Experiment with micro-controllers for the Internet of Things.
* Hear about careers in high tech.
* Create a computer program in one hour!